Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 26 Heard from Zac.. He had been calling....

But I had not been answering.... Zac had been biking in some torrential rain and did not realize that his phone had become wet two days ago. So he has been calling from periodic pay phones. Unfortunately, they show up on the Privacy Directory as this unknown number and you know who that is always calling especially around the dinner hour. Well they were not telemarketers, but my precious son out in the hills of Missouri.. Fortunately, today, it showed up as a "pay phone" and if you are a mother of any teenage child ever, you always pick up "Pay Phone" calls.... And he was wondering why I was not answering his calls... Yes, I grovelled and felt so badly.. He is around Centerville, MO tonight, a town of 175 people, with five policemen and a volunteer fire dept. I am hoping he will call later tonight. We are trying to find out where he will be on Friday night when I fly into St. Louis. I feel like I am taking a pioneer his supplies for the trail. He needs his supplements, a new phone, his convertible pants, and many hugs from his mom. There seem to be no hotels in the small towns of MO but quite a few bed and breakfasts. So there is hope for us to find somewhere to lay our heads.. I completely enjoy bed and breakfasts and all the wonderful people you meet.
Biking is difficult on the road that he is travelling. Zac says that they are nice people but nothing like our Southern folk who move over for you on the roads of life and are very courteous when you stop.. We appreciate your prayers and phone calls inquiring about him.
Today, I received a copy of the nicest article that was done when Zac stayed with the Youngs at the Antebellum Inn, Winchester, TN. Thank you, Connie, for sending that and he will get to see it this weekend, after I stop hugging.
Thank you Isaiah and friends in Memphis for getting the supplies together and getting them to me in time to load them up for St. Louis.. Paying $15 for my first piece of luggage according to the new airline rules..
I hope the teacher of Sunset Park Elementary are training for their bike ride into school on June the 6th for the fundraiser. If Zac calls in from some mysterious phone from the foothills of the Ozarks, I will be back on the keys.

*posted by Zac's blogging Mama*

No comments: