Monday, May 19, 2008

A brief review from the Zac Attack Day 19

Below, you will find part of Zac's blog that I did not delete.... Please remember that I am new at this and am trying... I will submit this and he can continue on when he gets to another computer. Zac has been riding with a few friends from Memphis and I have not heard from him last night. You can be sure that with this seasoned group of cyclists, they are having a ball and challenging each other in speed and hills, and distances. It is comforting to have them on the trail with him for a couple of days. Zac is having a difficult time getting his phone calls in during his cycling sessions for the day, especially to the kids at Sunset Park.

Ms. Cagle has been telling us such inspirational and great stories... Julian, who works at a Barber Show and with his poster of their efforts for LLS, raised over $30 in his tips and donations. Incredible. We are anxious to meet everyone.

This weekend is the wedding of one of Zac's good friends, Jennie Collins who was his Cotillion Partner . In our area, if you chose to take Social Dance, a selected group continued on in 10th grade and they did and had a ball. Zac will be missing all his classmates as well at this great wedding.. I am very involved in the wedding design and work but will continue to try to keep you informed of his whereabouts.

I am sorry to have lost part of his blog draft.. but give you what I have saved:



Hey Yall!
Well, I finally made it to my former adopted home of Memphis, TN. I no longer live here ; all of my stuff is at my parent's house is South Carolina. After I complete this trip I will move it to Chattanooga in order finish school. It's great to return to this "safe" place for me. Even though it is a tough city I feel at home now. I've been resting, eating, acquiring gear, eating, and hanging out. My friends Jacob and Isaiah threw a party for my friend Megan and me. She's going away to Oregon and Costa Rica this summer. The party was called "Zac Attacks, Megan Retreats." We had a good time. We party hopped to a huge multi-birthday party down the street. I also saw a lot of old friends there. The parties were jumping and the company was great. All was good in the cosmos.
So far the trip has gone down smooth with a hint of hindrance. The riding in South Carolina was harder than I expected. Even though there were no hills in the Lowlands from Beaufort to Aiken, the amount of extra weight I had on my bike slowed me down. In Clemson, I decided to shed the weight of my front rack and bags. It helped a lot with my climb up into NC from Clemson. NC was beautiful and the most interesting route I have done so far. From Clemson I climbed for 3 and a half hours of uphill to Highlands, NC followed by an hour of going downhill to Franklin, NC. The climb into NC put me behind schedule. I had no idea that I would be going up hill all morning. I finally made it to Chattanooga where I basically slept for 2 days straight . TN's route choice was a blunder. I rode the same state hwy, (64) all the way across TN to Memphis. It took about 5 days of riding on the same monotonous hwy. It was 4 lanes with pretty much an interstate appearance the whole way. The scenery was pretty but the road itself was brutally boring.
I am so glad that my mom has been bloggin while I have been traveling through the rural South. I have not had the camera cord, nor the internet availability in order to blog. When I have seen a library open, I have not had the time to blog. That is one thing I want to improve upon. Here are some
...............(o00ps)...
*posted by his mom who apologizes for losing part of this blog*

No comments: