Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Zac Attacks Cancer Blog

Hey Comrades,
This is my blog site for my Zac Attacks Cancer coast to coast, self-supported, charity bicycle ride to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As you may know, I will ride my bicycle alone from coast to coast in an effort to raise 15K dollars for the Society. The trip will last 80 days and I will cover 4,167 miles. I will not have any support vehicle or hotel rooms to stay in. I will camp, cook, bathe, and live completely off of my bike. I will network via a mixture of the internet, local media, and established personal contacts. I hope to educate whomever I encounter about the state of blood-related cancers in North America and inspire them to give to this well-established and worthy Society.
This site will show you what I am going through on my trip through my own words and images. I will not be able to update it everyday but I will keep a journal and transcribe my experiences into the Information Superhighway. I will also put my links to my online donation site. How about now? You can easily donate funds via this website:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntmds/ZacAttacksCancer



I know that it is a weird site address, but this site is easy enough to use. Keep posted for a link to my myspace page. I know myspace can be lame, but I think that it's a great networking tool.
Please email zholford@gmail.com or call me at 803 270 4700. Feel free to ask me any questions about my trip or just to give me an inspirational message. Ill need it.

What I am up to now: I am readying my websites and contacts before I leave town. I am also taking care of all that other "real world" stuff like getting out of my apt, getting a new license, and maintaining my car. I am also kinda stressin' about getting my websites together in order to get the most amount of people checking out what I am doing. My route is planned but I need to make cue sheets that give me directions each day. I also need to focus on finding more free places to stay out West. Church and firehouse lawns are always great to camp out on. Paying for a campsite stinks. I hate paying $20 just to put my tent down on cigarette butt riddled gravel in some crummy campground. Please let me know if you have any contacts along the way who can help me.

Well, its getting late and i have to do a tad more work. Ill holler at you, whoever you are.


Yar mateys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just saw you on Channel 3 news in Memphis and wanted to give you a "Good Luck"! What you are doing is great!